Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where did these things come from and what are they for??

I have an old-fashioned dresser with three little drawers sitting on top of each side of the mirror. I opened one of the drawers to look for something and found things I have NEVER seen before.

I kind of understand what this is--a turquoise/fake turquoise oval with leather on the back and gold glass beads sewn around the edge. I don't understand about the single wiggly post on the back. Was it supposed to be an earring, but then it got stepped on and broke the post? Where did it come from and who made it/is in the process of making it?

This is the weirder item by far. This appears to be a shellacked navy bean attached to a lapel pin tack. ?????? What on earth would be the purpose of this? And--again--where did it come from and why was it in my little drawer??

No comments:

Post a Comment