Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy 170th birthday, Relief Society!

Relief Society is the women's auxiliary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it was organized 170 years ago next week.
Every LDS woman 18 and over is a member of Relief Society and friends are always welcomed.

The anniversary is celebrated every year, usually with a dinner, either casual or formal. In addition, there is usually entertainment of some kind, such as a speaker, or some kind of activity.
We had four stations where we learned about the history of Relief Society, which was surprisingly interesting.
I can always remember how many years it's been because I remember the very big celebration for the 150th birthday of Relief Society. I was living in Germany and was overdue with my third child. He's my missionary now and is just about to turn twenty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment